1.1: It has been a really hot summer. Perhaps hot is not the right word to describe this summer’s penetrating heat. I always use the summer time to catch up with recordings I did not get to listen to during the season or the school year. This summer, however, I did not do that becasue I was busy binge-watching Bates Motel.
2.1: Instead of making a long list of summer playlist, there has been an ongoing list of classical music happening in my head. Walking down the street, lying on the bed, driving in a car, exercising ... the music in my head never stopped.
2.2: I thought it’s perhaps the early sign of a brain-related malfunction or whatnot. But I will worry about that later. Let me share the list for now.
- Beethoven, Violin Sonata No. 3 in E flat major, Op. 12
- Beethoven, Septet in E flat major, Op. 20
- Mendelssohn, Cello Sonata No. 2 in D major, Op. 58
- Mozart, Clarinet Quintet in A major, K. 581
- Mozart, Clarinet Concerto in A major, K. 622
- Saint-Saens, The Swan from The Carnival of the Animals
- Struass, An der schönen blauen Donau, Op. 314
3.1: There were also some non-classical tunes popping up in my head occasionally.
- You do something to me [Leo Reisman and his orchestra] & [Ella Fitzgerald]
- Let’s do it [Ella Fitzgerald]
- Ain’t misbehaving [Fats Waller]
- Cheek to Cheek [Dick Haymes & Carmen Cavallaro]
- Manhattan [Lee Wiley]
- South of the border, west of the sun [Bing Crosby]
- I’ve got a pocketful of dreams [Bing Crosby]
- Taking a chance on love [Helen Forrest & Benny Goodman]
3.2: The non-classical tunes above are frequently played songs on my Apple Music playlist called, “Well, I am drunk.”